5/05/2006

East Side Grain Silos...

While making my way back to my Masten neighborhood the other day, I stopped here on Lathrop Street. I mean I've passed by these grain silos dozens of times over the years and took the camera out just the other day.

Cool places...
DSCN3244
Just checked for the owner of record...on-line. Can't find it. Here's the google satellite image. I'll check property and tax records at City Hall, next week.

The only other East Side grain elevator, the Wollenberg Grain Elevator on Koons Avenue is owned by the City of Buffalo and is a stop on my PresCo sponsored 'Tour de Neglect' bicycle tour, later this year. Here' what that looks like...
Wollenberg Grain Elevator
click image for additional information
I took lots of interior pics and wrote this piece in February 2005. Here's the back ground and information about the structure and its historic significance. The totally insane thing about the place, other than the urban campers that use the place, is that the City of Buffalo is trying to sell this property sans "for-sale sign" or web listing. Way to go John Hannon - Director of the City's Real Estate Division...
Does anyone know if "City-Stat" will be tracking City owned property?
And so it goes...
__________________________________________________________________________
Artspace ArchiveAnnals of NeglectBAVPAWhere is Perrysburg?Broken Promises...
Writing the CityWoodlawn Row HousesTour dé Neglect - 2006faq

No comments: