5/30/2006

My Vinyl Collection

Welcome to the best collection of "Vinyl Victorians" in Buffalo, NY. If you're an urban hipster looking for a few laughs, or an architect looking to spot your colleagues mistakes, look no further. Or, if you live in the 'burbs and don't know better, get a life. If you're the builder or developer of these mistakes, simple - "Stop building crap!"
Mr. McGuire: I want to say one word to you. Just one word.
Benjamin: Yes, sir.
Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
Benjamin: Yes, I am.
Mr. Mcguire: Plastics.
I'll be adding to my vinyl collection and critique of "Vinyl Victorians" on a weekly basis. I hope to have an expanded critique of these homes and the culture that creates them, soon. Yes, that means a Wikipedia entry for "Vinyl Victorians." If the houses are vacant and owned by some agency, I'll provide the address and name of the builder. If these homes are privately owned, I'll show some restraint and post the picture along with a very general location, no specifics.

This will be a weekly event. Comments already are hot. If you have some favorites, send them in.

There is an antidote to this vinyl madness, see Small Red House.
__________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

blane said...

I just came across this blog and see the reference to Vinyl victorians. I assume you dont like them. I love the old style victorians beautiful old homes found in many of our older citys. Here is my question though In ref to the 30 homes avail for sect 8 renters (Homes) vinyl. that there is a ownership program to this as well, the longer you live there then you can own the house at a low price. I dont understand why these homes are not filled up right away. SInce they are section 8 most of the rent is paid by the goverment. then they get to own the home cheap. these are by most peoples standards nice homes. Can you explain the situation as to why no one is renting them. I know the employment situation is bad out there, but It seems there is something else going on. thanks for your response. Im from az we have dull adobes out here. Im rehabing a old block home which will look awesome when Im done.