12/07/2008

Today in the Hydraulics

If you have a chance to check out the Hydraulics with Chris Hawley - do it! I had the unexpected opportunity to hang with Chris for a few hours in this amazing part of the City on Saturday afternoon.
IMG_1826
We walked along Roseville Street [google map] and admired some of the coolest cotteges in the city. Chris introduced me to a warehouse building designed by Buffalo's own Louise Bethune and later we ended up at Sharkey's and heard some crazy stories about growing up in the Hydraulics. Very cool spot with neighborhood pics on the wall from back in the day.

I'll be heading back and keeping track of what I see in my Hydraulics flickr series. Really, a place to explore.
__________________________________________________________________________
ArtspaceBAVPAWoodlawn Row HousesfixBuffalo flickr
Creative ClassShrinking CitiesSaturdays in the neighborhood

No comments: