4/05/2009

A Block from Main Street - $1

While looking through the recent City Catalog of residential property for sale, I noticed this single family home at 26 Woodlawn Avenue (google map) is available to homestead - for $1.

IMG_4399

Here a few additional shots of 26 Woodlawn Avenue.

IMG_4402 IMG_4407

IMG_4401 IMG_4408 IMG_4409 IMG_4405 IMG_4406
click image to enlarge
Located less than 100' from Main Street with two recently renovated commercial spaces on the corner of Woodlawn and Main, 26 Woodlawn sits straight and appears structurally sound. The city lists the house at 2400 sf with four bedrooms. The walls of the detached garage appear solid.

fixBuffalo readers will remember the $35m renovation of the Performing Arts High School just a block east of this location. For less than the cost of latte or a bus token this house is available for the right person; someone who sees the neighborhood's potential and wants to make this house their home.

If you're interested in cutting through the homesteading maze and see this as an amazing opportunity and want to move into the neighborhood, let me know.
__________________________________________________________________________
ArtspaceBAVPAWoodlawn Row HousesfixBuffalo flickr
Creative ClassShrinking CitiesSaturdays in the neighborhood

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice house! Has alot of potential for sure. Wonder what shape the inside is in.

RaChaCha said...

I agree, Anonymous. I don't agree with the recommendation in Bussiere's plan for the Cold Springs Neighborhood that this house be demolished: http://green-cities.wikispaces.com/file/view/Bussiere-coldsprings.pdf

(p. 8).

Anonymous said...

David. I'm very interested in buying this property. I just sent you an email.

-Will

Anonymous said...

I'd love this place! However, I wonder how much it would cost to get the place livable...the roof looks good!

-Daniel in L.A.

Anonymous said...

my name is randell green I am of RG home Improvement..if anyone is looking to get estimates on work needed for investment or personal properties..please contact me at 716-573-3826..FREE ESTIMATES..pics of previous work if interested...Ask for Randell Green

Doug said...

I am interested

Anonymous said...

what will be the total cost? including closing