The City's Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Board has issued the following statement (.pdf) regarding the Kensington feasibility study that's about to be funded.
There's a third option, the boulevard option. From the Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Board:
NYS DOT should consider a 3rd (Boulevard) option within the feasibility study to determine what the benefits or consequences of an at-grade, eight lane blvd. would provide for the surrounding community and its associated costs compared to the other options. (see attached information on the Boulevard Option provided by the New Millennium Group)
Here's the podcast from the January 4th meeting where a representative from the New York State Dept of Transportation presented the first two options currently being studied. The New Millennium Group has provided an information sheet about the boulevard option.
There's a precedent for removing highways. Here's a lesson from San Francisco.
Let Antoine know what you think: 716-854-8705. Antoine's also on Facebook - here.
- Richard Tobe - Fixing the Kensingston Part VI (5/15/10)
- Stephanie Barber - Fixing the Kensington Part V (5/13/10)
- Terry Robinson - Fixing the Kensington Part IV (5/6/10)
- The Boulevard Option - Fixing the Kensington Part III (5/5/10)
- Bury this Big Mistake - Fixing the Kensington Part II (3/4/10)
- Fixing the Kensington - Part I (2/23/10)
- fixBuffalo Kensington photos